• All visitors to Ghana must possess a valid passport or legal travel documents.
• All visitors entering Ghana must have valid entry visas or entry permit (in the case of Commonwealth nationals), issued by a Ghana Diplomatic Mission or Consulate abroad, or any other visa issuing authority mandated by the Ghana Government to act on its behalf.
• Visas may be granted to Diplomats, Personnel of international organizations and visitors to Ghana for tourism, study, business or transit etc.
• The visa may be granted for Single or Multiple Entry.
• Journalists and or film crew wishing to cover events or shoot a film in Ghana, shall complete another form to indicate the nature of coverage and equipment to be taken to Ghana. In addition, such applicant, upon arrival in Ghana shall call at the Information Services Department for media accreditation.
• Applications for further extension to visitors' permit must be made to the Director of the Ghana Immigration Service for consideration. Tourists may be allowed a period of stay of three months if the Ghana Immigration Service is satisfied that such tourists have sufficient means of financial support.
• Persons who enter Ghana as visitors are not permitted to take up employment even if there happen to be a vacancy on the Immigrant Quota of a prospective employer.
• Professionals (doctors, lawyers, nurses, etc.), are required to provide particulars of their qualifications in order that the eligibility of their registration may be determined.
• Applicants on a VISIT to Ghana must provide a letter of invitation from their host in Ghana.
Sundays -Thursdays. 10.00 – 14.30 hrs.
The Visa Section is closed on weekends and on all Public holidays in Ghana and the Islamic Republic of Iran.
ELIGIBILITY FOR VISA APPLICANTS
a.Should be an Iranian national or be officially resident in Iran or any of the following countries:-Iraq, Syria, Georgia, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Pakistan.
b.Should have a valid passport with expiry date of not less than six (6) months from the date of application for visa.
c.Should submit – one set of Application Forms (In Duplicate).
• Fully completed in CAPITAL LETTERS in English
• Two (2) recent passport size photographs (taken not more than three (3) to the time of application);
• A return ticket or a flight confirmation print-out from an acknowledged Travel Agency.
• All travelers above nine (9) months coming into or transiting through Ghana are required to have been vaccinated against Yellow Fever At least Ten (10) days from the proposed date of travel and where already vaccinated, provide evidence(certificate) indicating the duration of a vaccination status of not more than Ten (10) years before entering Ghana.
(PLEASE NOTE THAT INCOMPLETE FORMS AND INCORRECT INFORMATION WILL RENDER YOUR APPLICATION VOID).
Application for Business Visa must attach a letter written in English from the applicant's sponsor (firm) guaranteeing his/her stay in Ghana and stating the reasons for the visit. Requirement (contact/res. Address in Ghana)) on the application form must contain Names and Addresses and telephone numbers of Business Associates and their Companies as references in Ghana. A hotel may be used only as a second reference. The Consular Officer reserves the right to demand a letter of guarantee from business associates in Ghana
Visitors must possess a valid return or connecting flight ticket. Names and addresses of two references are required, one of which can be the Hotel where you will be lodging.
Should be accompanied by a letter written in English, from a College Administrator or your Professor; stating the reasons for your visit and your financial means whilst in Ghana. You should provide a Letter of Acceptance from the Institution to which you will be attached to during your training in Ghana. Please use the name and address of the Institution in Ghana as your reference in Ghana.
Prospective employees may be engaged in employment within the authorized immigrant quota. Applicants must provide evidence of an Employment Contract, and proof of grant of Employment quota in Ghana. Two references are required, one of which should be the company or organization you will be working for whilst in Ghana.
VISA BY COURIER
Visa applications by courier will be accepted and processed. It is the responsibility of applicants to make arrangements for the collection of their passports
VISA APPLICATION FORMS
Application forms can be completed and printed below. This should be submitted to the Consular Assistant, Embassy of the Republic of Ghana at the following address:
No.5, Amiri Souri Alley,
(Put the above in horizontal Tab to click and reveal texts under them below)
The under-mentioned categories of persons are prohibited immigrants:
A person of unsound mind
A person declared by medical personnel as medically unsound
A person considered to be a security risk
A person against whom there is a deportation order in force.
A person who has been sentenced in a foreign country for extradition under the Extradition Act 1960.
The following fees are payable with effect from January 2005.
Single Entry (Business/Tourism) Ordinary : EUR 70.00 Fast Track : EUR 100.00
Multiple Entry (6 months) Ordinary : EUR 100.00 Fast Track : EUR 150.00
Multiple Entry (1 year) Ordinary : EUR 150.00 Fast Track : EUR 200.00
Single Entry (Transit) Ordinary : EUR 50.00 Fast Track : EUR 100.00
Multiple Entry Transit Ordinary : EUR 80.00 Fast Track : EUR 120.00
Ordinary Visas are issued within five working days while Fast track visas are issued within one working day.
Visa application fees are non-refundable after submission
METHOD OF PAYMENT
Payments should be made by cash. Bank or Post bank transfers are not acceptable.
• CATEGORIES OF PERSONS EXEMPT FROM ENTRY VISA REQUIREMENTS TO GHANA 2013 UPDATE
A. Citizens from ECOWAS States by virtue of the protocol on Free Movement of persons, the Right of Residence and Establishment (PROTOCOL A/P1/5/79):
Benin Burkina Faso Cape Verde Cote D'Ivoire The Gambia Guinea Guinea-Bissau
Liberia Mali Niger Senegal Sierra Leone Togo
B. Holders of Diplomatic, Service or Official passports:
Brazil Cuba Germany Iran Namibia
NB: Exemptions category B above shall be for a period not exceeding ninety (90) days from date of entry
C. All nationals of the following countries:
Kenya Lesotho Malawi Namibia Singapore **South Africa Tanzania Trinidad and Tobago Uganda Zimbabwe
** Children with ordinary passports accompanying holders of diplomatic, service or official passports accredited to Ghana or South Africa are exempt from entry visa requirements.
LIST OF INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATIONS WITH WHICH GHANA HAS CONCLUDED VISA EXEMPTION AGREEMENTS
D. Holders of passports of Regional Economic Communities in Africa and the African Economic Community United Nations and its Specialized Agencies:
The World Bank African Development Bank
E. Persons in direct Airside transit
All persons in direct airside transit are exempt from visa requirements